How It Works
We give away $10,000 in 1 hour.
- We meet for one hour, four times a year, and each member (and guest) brings a check for $100 (or more…).
- Any member can nominate local charities, non-profits, or worthy causes, whose names are put into a hat.
- Three names are drawn at random during each meeting.
- The 100+ Women Who Care Maui member makes a 5-minute presentation about her nominated cause.
- All members who are present, vote with a secret ballot, for one of the three causes.
- All members and guests write their checks out to the cause that receives the most votes. Right there on the spot!
It’s fast, simple, and amazingly effective. Plus, all the money stays right here in Maui County.
Download the Nomination Form (PDF) and bring it to the next meeting if you have a cause or charity you want us to support. We will also have nomination forms at the meeting. Registration starts at 5:15 pm. Please arrive by 5:45 pm to get checked in and seated. Nominations close promptly at 6 pm – no exceptions! Thank you for your understanding.
Members gather from 6-7 pm; completed nominations are due by 6 pm.
Members vote for their favorite cause with a secret ballot. The votes are counted.
Any member who is can nominate a cause. Three are chosen at random in the meeting.
The winner is announced and members write checks for $100 (or more…).
Each nominating member has 5 mins. to speak. A cause representative may help during Q&A.
Donations are presented to the member on behalf of the winning cause